II4051 Multimedia System Engineering
- Multimedia communication technologies: media digitization, signal processing, communication protocols.
EL3010 Digital Signal Processing
- History and overview in digital signal processing field;
- Theories and concepts of signal and system, the concept of frequency in continuous-time and discrete-time signals, and Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog Conversion;
- Discrete-time signals and systems, analysis of discrete-time LTI systems, and LTI system characterized by constant-coefficient difference equation (LCCDE);
- The concept of z-transform and its inversion, analysis of LTI systems using z-transfoms; Frequency analysis of signals and systems, LTI systems as frequency selective filters;
- The Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT) and Fast Fourier Transform (FFT);
- Spectrum Analysis using DFT and concept of window function;
- Implementation of Discrete-Time Systems for FIR and IIR systems;
- Design of digital filter, FIR designs, IIR designs from analog filters transformed using bilinear transformation.